We are HIRING an Executive Director!
The Jefferson County Food Bank Association is happy to announce that we are hiring an Executive Director to help lead our county into the next phase of addressing food access needs.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to
Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: Port Hadlock
Salary Range: $50,000 – $69,999
Executive Director with a passion for ending hunger and who possesses the communication and management skills needed to motivate, inspire, and empower others to meet JCFBA’s mission.
The Executive Director ensures the progress and development of the organization’s programs with the cooperation of the volunteer food bank managers.
The Executive Director sustains strong and supportive relationships with donors, the media, religious and business communities, the public, the food bank network, government at all levels, and other human service agencies.
The Executive Director creatively seeks and secures financial support from a wide range of potential funding sources. This position is responsible for all the financial transactions necessary to meet the operative needs of the organization. In carrying out the responsibilities of the position, the Executive Director maintains a collaborative and accountable relationship with the Board of Directors and the food bank managers.
The Executive Director will:
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for the organization, communicating JCFBA’s purpose and programs to the public.
- Ensure that relationships with customers, donors, volunteers, and the community-at-large are handled in a manner consistent with organizational values, mission, and strategic objectives.
- Develop appropriate annual and long-term financial objectives, leading the organization in achievement of financial goals.
- Attract, develop, motivate, and retain volunteer members, guiding them to achieve short and long-term organizational objectives.
- Oversee the development of new programs and evaluate existing programs to determine efficiencies, inadequacies, and sustainability.
- Provide a strategic vision and direction for the organization, leading the development and implementation of long-term strategies to meet needs and objectives of all stakeholders.
- Provide a robust fundraising plan to sustain and expand the work of the organization, including identifying, applying for and managing grants.
- Implement all board policies.
- Work with the Board of Directors and food bank managers in planning and developing goals and objectives of the organization.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory/reporting requirements, food, occupational and environmental safety standards, and contract requirements and process improvement.
- Contributes to the creation of the Operations budget; manages capital expenditures, ensure timely payment of bills and expenses within the approved budget in collaboration with the President and Treasurer.
- Supervise other employees, contractors and volunteers as needed.
- Maintain Association records and documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience in grant writing, acquisitions, and management·
- Computer literacy to include MS Office suite, database management software and internet savy.
- Experience Preferred experience in non-profit organizations, food industry management, or business administration.
- A minimum of five years of progressive executive experience.
- Knowledge in public relations and marketing, fundraising for charitable causes, organizational planning, and human resource management.
- Preference given to candidates with previous food banking experience and issues related to hunger.
- Leadership Skills Excellent oral and written communications, strong interpersonal and networking ability; strategic thinking and business acumen; dedication to diversity and inclusion, building teams; ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees; an experienced shared/collaborative leadership style; ability to plan, monitor and evaluate budgets; ability to plan, organize and implement activities appropriate to the advancement of organizational goals;
experience supervising and managing people. Honesty, integrity, and a commitment to the mission of JCBFA.
The physical demands and work environment described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves standing, walking, stooping, talking, reaching, sitting, bending, kneeling, climbing, grasping, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately noisy.
- Work will be primarily performed in a warehouse environment and/or outside in all weather conditions.
Licenses, certificates, & other requirements:
- Valid Food Handler Card.
- Valid Washington Driver’s license.
- Reliable personal transportation.
- Proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Must pass criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $69,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Hadlock, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)